We operate several marketplaces, including Wish, that allow merchants to list items and users to find and purchase items, often at a discount from retail prices. We collect and use purchaser and merchant information, including for payment methods and shipping address, to support these experiences. We also use information to find items that we think will be of interest to buyers and to find the right price for each item.
1. Information We Collect & Use
Some of the information we collect is provided by you, some is collected automatically (typically from devices) and some may be collected from other sources.
A. Information You Provide
When you use the Services you often provide information to us, such as when you create an account or a store, make or fulfill a purchase, leave a review, or request customer support. Examples of the information you may provide are:
Payment Method or Financial Account Information
Social network account credentials
B. Information We Collect Automatically
When you use the Services, such as when you visit our sites, and install or use our apps, we automatically collect information about how you use the Services and the devices you use to access the Services. Examples of the information we collect automatically are:
Location information - we and our service providers may automatically collect general location information from your computer or mobile device. We will ask your permission before collecting your precise GPS location information.
Social network account and profile data (when you use social login)
Unique Device Identifiers, including MAC Address, Ad IDs, and device attributes, such as operating system and browser type
Usage Data, such as: web log data, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used our Services, the frequency of your use of our Services, error logs, and other similar information.
C. Analytics, Advertising & Technical Data
- We may deliver a file to you through the Services (known as a "web beacon") from an ad network. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network's servers, these companies can view, edit, or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
- The Services may have links to third-party websites or apps, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the practices of such sites.
2. How We Use Information & Lawful Bases
- Collect payment
- Communicate with you - using email, sms, push notifications or platform messaging (like Whatsapp) - about your account or activity or to market product listings, features, or events.
- Test changes in the Services and develop new features
- Analyze use of the Services and personalize content, including ads and prices
- Fix problems you may have with the Services or a particular purchase, including answering support questions and resolving disputes
- Prevent, detect, investigate and respond to fraud, unauthorized access/use of the Services, breaches of terms and policies, or other wrongful behavior
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us, including those that set retention periodsLawful BasesFor purposes of European data protection law, we normally process personal data where:
- we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, such as when we process a payment
- it is in our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your data protection interests and fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests, such as when we secure the Services, engage in fraud prevention, and direct marketing
- we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- we have your consent to do so. We do not generally rely on consent as a lawful basis for processing your personal data, but you have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us
3. Location of Data Processing - United States and elsewhereInformation that we collect and use is normally processed outside of Europe. By using the Services you:
4. Retention of Personal Data/InformationWe keep your information for the time period required to complete the purposes for which it is processed or satisfy legal retention requirements. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it or the requirements of applicable laws.
- Any information you may disclose on the Services, in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, or on other public areas on the Services or other third-party websites or apps that the Services may link to, becomes public information accessible to other users and visitors. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
6. SecurityAccounts are protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third party site or service, such as Facebook, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third party site or service. We recommend that you choose an appropriate password, safeguard your password and limit access to the devices on which you access your account.We use reasonable organizational and technical measures intended to protect the privacy of your account and personal information we use or store, but the Internet and our Services are not 100% secure. We cannot guarantee complete privacy or security for the information that you provide or that we collect.
7. Choices & RightsAccess, Review, CorrectThrough your account "Settings, " you are able to access, edit or delete information you've provided to us, including:
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Marketing Communication Opt-outTo opt-out of marketing communications you can use any of the following methods.
- name and password
- email address
- physical address
- phone number
- billing information
- user profile information, including images and videos you have uploaded to the Services
Location InformationIf you do not want us to see or access your device location, you can turn off location sharing on your device, change your device privacy settings, or decline to share location on your browser.Cookies, Analytics & Ads
- Electronic Promotional Offers. If you do not want to receive emails from us regarding special promotions or offers, you may (1) follow the unsubscribe options at the bottom of each email; or (2) contact us at email@example.com and provide your email address along with the name of the newsletter from which you would like to unsubscribe.
- Mobile Promotional Offers: When you provide us with your mobile number for marketing purposes, we may send you certain marketing alerts via text message. Standard data and message rates will apply. If you no longer wish to receive mobile alerts from us, you can follow the instructions provided in those messages or otherwise reply STOP to any alert we send.
- Push Notifications: When you use the App, you may receive push notifications. If you prefer not to receive push notifications, you may adjust your settings on your mobile device to control whether you want to receive these alerts.
- Settings - You can opt out of certain communications from us by changing your preferences under the "Settings" option of the applicable service.
Deactivate AccountYou may request deactivation of your account by clicking on "Deactivate Account" in your "Settings" and following the steps provided.RightsIf our processing of your personal data is covered by European data protection law, you typically have certain rights, including:
- You may be able to opt-out of certain web beacon tracking and other Cookie activity by adjusting the settings on your browser, including Do Not Track settings.
- To opt-out of Google Analytics you can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- To exercise choices for tailored advertising, please visit the following sites. If you opt-out, you may still receive advertising content, but it will not be tailored to you.
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) - You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing personalized ads from NAI member companies.
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) - You may opt out of receiving personalized ads from certain companies that perform ad targeting services, using the DAA website here.
- European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) - You can learn more about online advertising and opt out at the Your Online Choices website.
- For your mobile devices, please read your operating system's instructions for complete instructions.
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the "Limit Ad Tracking" setting
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Ads > Enable "Opt out of interest-based advertising"
- You can access and review information associated with your account at any time through the "Settings" page or tab. You also can request the following information: how we collect and use your information and why; the categories of personal data involved; the categories of recipients of your personal data; how we received your personal data; and how long we use or store your personal data or the manner in which we determine relevant retention periods.
- You also have a right to correct your personal data. In certain situations, you can ask that we stop using your information or erase it or export it. You may also have a right to object to additional processing of your personal data.
- Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to not give your consent or (if you have provided consent) to withdraw consent at any time. Withdrawing consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal. At any time, you can request that we stop using your information for direct marketing purposes.
- You have a right to raise questions or complaints with us as described below or with your local data protection authority at any time.
- may contact ContextLogic B.V.'s data protection officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
- also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Netherlands Data Authority, the lead supervisory authority for the processing of Personal Data of individuals located in the EU.
8. Children's PrivacyWe do not knowingly collect or solicit "personal information" (as defined by the U.S. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act) from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.For residents of the EU and Switzerland, where processing of personal data is based on consent, we will not knowingly engage in that processing for users under the age of consent established by applicable member or data protection law. If we learn that we are engaged in that processing with such users, we will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records.If you are 13 or older, but have not reached your country's age of majority (i.e. able to enter a contract), you should use the Services with permission from your parent(s) or guardian(s).
9. Do Not Track & California Shine the LightDo Not Track PolicyYour browser may offer you a "Do Not Track" option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not want your online activities tracked over time and across different websites. Our Services do not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Services and after you leave our Services.California ResidentsIf you are a California resident, you may ask for a list of third parties that have received your information for direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year. This list also contains the types of information shared. We provide this list at no cost. To make such a request, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ContextLogic B.V. (Commercial Register No.62752863), Azerbaijan Baku 347, 1118 BJ email@example.com.
Updated: May 25, 2019